Forgive me on the recipe name here, not my best work. This dish was fantastic, we will definitely be making it again. Although “creamy” may make you step away from this recipe, the “cream” is just Greek yogurt! I fooled Mr. Applebutter once again. ;-)
Creamy Pink Pasta with Shrimp- adapted from back to her roots
12 oz whole wheat spiral noodles
1 tbsp. olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
8 oz. mushrooms, diced
2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
4 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
10 oz. shrimp, peeled & deveined
1 cup marinara sauce
5 oz. plain 0% Greek yogurt
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
2 oz fat free crumbled feta cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet with a lid, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add in garlic and red pepper flakes, cook for 2 minutes or until garlic begins to soften.
- Add in mushrooms and grape tomatoes. Cook for 5-10 minutes, until mushrooms soften.
- Turn heat up to medium-high and add in shrimp. Cook for 2-5 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and opaque. Remove from heat, add in spinach and cover skillet. Let spinach wilt for about 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and place skillet back over low heat. Add the pasta, Greek yogurt and marinara sauce. Stir until sauce is mixed well and all pasta and veggies are coated. Add Italian seasoning and feta cheese. Mix well.
- Heat until just warmed through. Divide into pasta bowls and serve topped with parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Note: Depending on your taste, you may need to increase or decrease the amount of “sauce” (pasta/yogurt mixture).
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 357 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated), 45g carbohydrate (8g fiber), 26g protein